Forward your emails to HelpDesk and convert them into tickets
To keep and manage your entire email communication with customers in HelpDesk, you have to set up email forwarding in your current email client (or your server).
In this article, we will show you how to do that. We covered the most popular email clients:
- G Suite (Gmail)
- Yahoo! Mail
If you use a different email service provider, contact our 24/7 support team to learn more about the setup process.
G Suite (Gmail)
1. Click the gear icon in your inbox. Choose “Settings”
2. Choose the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
3. Click “Add a forwarding address”.
4. Enter your HelpDesk address (to be found in HelpDesk Settings -> Mailboxes), click “Next” and “Proceed”.
5. Check your HelpDesk dashboard—you will now receive a message with a verification.
6. Enter the verification code in the Gmail settings and click “Verify”.
7. Select “Forward a copy of incoming mail to firstname.lastname@example.org”. Choose what to do with the forwarded messages: keep them in your Gmail Inbox, mark them as “read”, archive or delete them.
8. Click “Save Changes”.
To learn more, visit https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en
- Click the gear icon in your inbox. Choose “Settings”.
- Choose “Accounts” and click on your Yahoo account.
- At the bottom, you’ll find “Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere”.
- Tick the “Forward” checkbox and enter your HelpDesk address (to be found in HelpDesk Settings -> Mailboxes). Click “Verify”.
- Go to your HelpDesk dashboard. Open the message from Yahoo (attention: might be in the SPAM folder).
- Click the link in the message. Once the page is loaded, click “Verify”.
To learn more, visit https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN22028.html
- Click the Settings icon. Click “View all Outlook settings”.
- Choose “Forwarding”.
- Tick the “Enable forwarding” checkbox.
- Enter your HelpDesk address (to be found in HelpDesk Settings -> Mailboxes). Click “Verify”.
- Click “Save”.
To learn more, visit:
Using a different email provider? Contact our 24/7 support team. We’ll happily help you set everything up.